How to protect the skin from the sun?
How to protect the skin from the sun? Recommendations of FuturaClinic dermatologist Elina Krauce.
Summer continues to delight with sunny days, so once again it is worth reminding about the effect of the sun on the skin and especially about skin protection. Here we will briefly tell you about the most important ones.
When the sun’s rays reach the skin, they cause damage to healthy cells.
Sun-damaged skin can manifest itself with summer freckles, brown “age” spots, and the formation of wrinkles. In more severe cases, precancerous skin lesions or malignant skin tumors develop.
Therefore, we invite you to remember 5 simple steps to protect your skin from damage caused by UV rays:
• in sunny weather, it is preferable to wear covering clothing;
• a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF 30+ factor should be used regularly. It should be reapplied every 3 hours and after every bathing. For more convenient use, you can choose spray-type products;
• a hat must be worn – the wider its edges, the bigger the shadow will be, protecting not only from overheating, but also protecting the skin of the face, neck and décolleté;
• must look in the shade. The law of shade is an easy way to tell if the UV index is high and if you need to hide from the sun. If the shadow is shorter than you, then the UV index is definitely high and it is not recommended to be in the open sun. Conversely, if the shadow is longer than your height, the UV index is lower;
• sunglasses should be worn to protect the eyes as well as the skin around the eyes.
The health clinic FuturaClinic is located on the 6th floor of Galleria Riga, where you can sign up for a consultation with dermatologist and venereologist Elīna Krauce and find the most suitable solution for you.